Trained as a Registered Nurse (1998) with Nottingham University and immediately procured a post in the community where I worked until recent retirement. My last post was as a Macmillan Clinical Nurse Specialist for Lincolnshire Primary Care Trust and prior to that as a nurse facilitator delivering the Gold Standard Framework in Care Homes.
I have always had an affinity for mentoring, teaching and supporting others which led me to obtain my Practice Teacher in Health and Social Care degree module to accompany the NVQ and DC2/DC1 teaching & assessing qualifications.
Areas I have experience:
- Special constable and training officer for Leicester
- In house trainer for a young people’s substance abuse unit setting up a staff training programme
- Grimsby College delivering a mandatory medicines management programme to care homes
- Observer for the Institute of Advanced motoring (car and bike)
- Also currently a LIVES First Responder
- Grimsby Institute/University programme lead’
- I am also available for Registered Nurse duties such as Flu vaccinations, wound care, palliative care and so on. NMC registered and validated, Public liability and indemnity insurance, DBS checked.
‘Teaching and caring are my passion and vocation’